FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need a referral from a GP?
- No, you do not need a GP referral to see a Counsellor. You can just contact us to make an appointment.
How much is a Counselling session?
- The cost of a one hour session is $100, or $85 (concession – health care card, pension, etc).
- The first appointment is normally an extended session (one and a half hours) – $140 ($125 for concession).
- Private health insurance rebates are available (see below).
Can I get a rebate for Private Health Insurance?
- Yes, Listen and Care Counselling is registered with Medibank, Bupa, AHM and Police Health. Clients with extras cover can apply for a rebate through their Health Insurance provider by providing their Counselling receipt.
I have a Mental Health plan from my GP. Do you bulk bill?
- No, at this time Counsellors are not included in the Medicare Rebate Scheme and cannot offer bulk billing.
- Our fees are comparable to the Gap fee for other allied health services.
Do you provide counselling services for NDIS clients?
- Yes. Chris is able to provide counselling services to Plan-managed and Self-managed NDIS clients under the category “Therapeutic Supports”.
What happens if I can’t attend in person?
- Counselling sessions are available by telephone, or video (Zoom).
- There are also two locations for in-person sessions – Beaumaris or Moorabbin.
How can I pay for my session?
- Your first session needs to be paid in advance, either on-line via Stripe, or by direct credit (contact us for Banking details).
- For the second appointment you can pay by EFTPOS, Mastercard or Visa on the day (using a Square reader).
Do I need to complete some forms before my first counselling session?
- Yes. Chris will email the forms to you for signing before the first session, or you can complete them on the day.
Are counsellors covered by insurance?
- Yes, Chris has a current Public Liability and Indemnity Insurance Certificate.
Does my counsellor have a National Police Check and Working with Children Check?